7 sayings of Christ from the crossAs the Saviour came to Calvary He made seven different statements. Each one deliberately chosen. Each one full of powerful meaning and implications for us. The cross is the centre of history; the most significant event of all time. These messages reflect on these sayings.
The seven sayings of the cross Download the notes here
Listen to the messages below:
- Luke 23:34 Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.” And they divided His garments and cast lots.
- Luke 23:43 And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”
- John 19:26 When Jesus therefore saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing by, He said to His mother, “Woman, behold your son!”
- Mark 15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?” which is translated, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?”
- John 19:28 After this, Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, said, “I thirst!”
- John 19:30 30 So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!”
- Luke 23:46 And when Jesus had cried out with a loud voice, He said, “Father, ‘into Your hands I commit My spirit.’” Having said this, He breathed His last.